How many online profiles and information sources are you managing in your real estate business? There is a new web service which allows you to create thousands of possible combinations with the phrase â€śIf This Then Thatâ€ť.
Think of all the possibilities you could come up with if you were able to define any task as:Â when something happens (this) then do something else (that).Â If This Then That (http://ifttt.com) is an unbelievable, free tool to automate tons of stuff for you automatically based on a one time setup called a â€śtaskâ€ť or â€śrecipeâ€ť.
The need to maintain multiple profiles across many platforms â€“ each with their own username, password, and details â€“ can quickly become overwhelming. Simple tasks now take more time in order to make the same changes on several profiles for consistency. Letâ€™s see how If This Then That comes in as our secret backend tool:
- Profile Picture. If I update my Facebook profile picture then update my Twitter picture.
- Website Blog Post. If a new blog is posted on your website have the article posted on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.
- Photos. Save Facebook photos you are tagged in toÂ Dropbox. Share Facebook photos on Tumblr or Posterous.
- Weather Alerts. Receive SMS text or email updates on the weather every morning.
- Save Tweets. Send your favoriteâ€™d tweets to Dropbox or Evernote for permanent storage.
- Delayed Twitter Response. Set a delayed response if someone mentions or RT you.
If This Then That is a fun (and useful) tool that will eliminate some of the STUFF you have to do everyday and help keep you organized and focused.
Weâ€™ll show you how easy it is to get up and running your If This Then That account:
Come back and share your first task in the comments so someone else can try your idea.