Do you remember floppy disks? How about rewritable CDs?
What about zip disks? I remember those back in 2001 – 2003 timeframe.
How about USB sticks? Do you remember when everyone carried around a 2gb USB drive?
Wait, that’s what people are doing today.
I don’t know about you but my USB drive had a lid that always got lost. Once the lid was gone I felt like it could easily break so I stopped carrying it. Thumb drives are useful sometimes but unnecessary with a free tool you can use to replace it with “cloud storage”.
This tool is Dropbox.com.
According to Dropbox.com it is: “A free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.”
Dropbox is a simple way to have access to all your files no matter where you’re at. With your free account you will have 2gb of storage in “the cloud” to use however you need it.
You will have access to your files and information from any computer or through a smartphone app. You’ll have easy access to documents, photos, video, or anything else you want to store in your cloud space.
Here are some of the best ways I use Dropbox:
- Backup for my important photos.
- Sending large files to other people – especially video work.
- For collaboration on specific files or projects.
- When I need access to a specific file from all of my devices – such as presentations, marketing materials, and music.
- To back up my WordPress websites (using WPBackUp to Dropbox).
What are some of the ways Dropbox can improve your real estate business?
- Create a file for each customer to keep all their information, documents, photos, etc in one place throughout the transaction.
- Have your presentations – buyer, seller, short sale, etc – available in your Dropbox for a quick presentation anytime.
- Make a folder called New Seller and put all the documents you use for a listing. Contract, measurements, description, showing instructions, etc.
- Have a true “on-the-go” office by using Dropbox anytime you save something and it won’t matter if you change computers. You will still have access to everything.
Go get your free Dropbox.com account now and start by adding your presentations and any marketing material that you want easily accessible.